#The Woman That I Am- An Ode To My Soulmate







Today after two decades I take this liberty to tell the world about the woman I am. Michelle Obama's words, a hot cup of latte, the raindrops falling on the window, the smell of petrichor have set the mood for writing on the Blog Hop. 

Two decades back when we tied the knot my life became a knotty affair. I tried to navigate through the different facets of life as best as I could. I was chosen with thorough precision as your soulmate.  The Perfect girl chosen for the Perfect son was now a mirage, she was imperfect and flawed. She only demanded respect and identity in her marital home. Alas, they say 'Woman thy name is jealousy' held true when I was bombarded with criticisms, barbs and acerbic remarks by your mother. My actions were looked at with cynicism, soon the conundrum regarding the MIL-DIL relationship had begun, I cribbed and cried but you helped me steer clear from the trajectory path with elan. It hurt me when she started her unnecessary caterwauling or cavilling me in front of friends and relatives. Her words pierced my heart like pieces of shards and I got worked up. You didn't barge into our catfights but manoeuvered things so that there were no scenes. You tried your level best that I didn't harbour ill feelings towards her and the family. Negativity could lead to mental illness so you encouraged me to become a pen-pusher to vent out my feelings instead of having verbal duels. Your zen-like countenance had a great impact on me and the vociferous woman in me turned into a tranquil being. You helped me become tech-savvy by learning the nuances of technology. This enthused confidence in me. My latent talent of being a wordsmith came to the fore. I surfed the net for writing opportunities and in 2014 my efforts paid when I published my first story for The Chicken Soup Series. Getting felicitated for my work was ephemeral. After the success of this story, my creativity was unleashed and I started writing for several digital sites. I got an epiphany that writing would bring happiness and contentment in my life.
I started blogging and started my blog Writing Ideas. But I managed to get a freelance proofreading job with a publishing house. Soon From proofreading, blogging I turned my pen to content writing.

You egged me to scale greater heights. I managed to work for several companies and got noticed for my good work. I procured the post of Edu-advisor, a transition from Mom to Mam. You turned the mouse into a tiger. You helped me get rid of mental cobwebs. I rose like the Phoenix from the ashes
'You changed my life
Without even trying,
And I don't think
I could ever tell you
How much you mean to me.
I can't imagine what things would be like
If I hadn't met you
Thanks for making me The Woman I Am Today.'

I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter's My Friend Alexa




.
.“This post is a part of ‘The Woman That I Am’ Blog Hop #TheWomanThatIAm organized by Rashi Roy and Manas Mukul #RRxMM. The event is sponsored by Kraffitti.

The Woman That I am Blog Hop Mandatory Image

Comments

  1. What a warm and sweet post. To find a soulmate who uplifts you in your journey together is a blessing. You've penned it so beautifully. Loved reading it.
    Deepika Sharma

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that you accord your success to your husband. He may have been the catalyst but the success is all yours dear. Keep writing and keep growing!
    Noor Anand Chawla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noor Anand Chawla for your good wishes. Thanks for reading and liking🙏🙏

      Delete
  3. You are blessed . Good to know how you got successful in publishing your story in chicken soup series and many more . Best wishes for your future too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you found your niche with the help of your husband. It’s heartening to know that there is a man behind a successful woman! Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brinda for your good wishes. Yes the unflinching support helped me find myself and my goal. Thanks again🙏

      Delete
  5. The post is full of love and gratitude for your better half as well as for your life..Best wishes to you for even greater achievements..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are lucky to have so supporting hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gurjeet, life throws challenges we have to navigate through them properly.

      Delete
  7. You have been very lucky and your gratitude is definitely heartfelt. So happy for you. Seeing you wrote I am sure other women are inspired too to change from the volcano of anger to a waterfall of love. #damurureads Urvashi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uru yes I got worked up like an active volcano ready to spout lava but he calmed me down. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. You are very fortunate that you blessed with an understanding and supporting soulmate. Congratulations on all the achievements you get in your life and in your blogging journey. Best wishes for the future!
    Deepika Mishra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Deepika for reading and appreciating my work.

      Delete
  9. Very heartwarmingl! Congratulations on your achievements and best wishes for many more to come!
    Jyoti Jha

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are Lucky enough to have such a supporting soulmate.
    I wish everyone was lucky as you.
    Very blessed and fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Romila we achieved this with a lot of patience and understanding over the years. Thanks for liking

      Delete
  11. Well written tribute to your inspiration and mentor. Very heartfelt and true!

    Meena from balconysunrise.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meena for reading and liking my work.

      Delete
  12. Beautifully crafted! It's great to see you have such a wonderful life partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for taking time out to read, no one is perfect we have to work towards perfection

      Delete
  13. Felt so blissful reading your post. Wish you lot more of happiness and success 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot Sivaranjani for liking the post

    ReplyDelete
  15. A sweet tribute to your man. You are blessed to have a supportive husband, not many are that lucky. Wishing you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ritu thanks for your good wishes, as it is said Rome was not built in a day same is the case with relationships. Both need patience and understanding to lead a happy life.

      Delete
  16. This is such a sweet post and a tribute to your soulmate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I guess the only way out of this muddle is for the DIL to have a professional identity! I am glad that you had an amazing, supporting partner to push you ahead. These honest, heartfelt posts surely go a long way in inspiring others in a similar turmoil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi for reading and happier still that my post could inspire other women . Yes we all go through this low phase and one may get lost due to so much criticism a push is necessary for a push

      Delete
  18. u are blessed to have a supportive soulmate. He is the wind under your wings and the best part is that u appreciate it. stay blessed dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. He has been your backbone and you have sprouted your own wings with your words. Thank you for sharing your journey with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Namratha for taking time out and liking the story.Every woman needs a push to spread her wings. Only with time and patience one can achieve things as all relationships face storms in life but to meander through them is the art.😊

      Delete
  20. When i began the words hot cup of latte, the raindrops falling on the window, the smell of petrichor even my mood was set to read ahead, and glad to read you have a great soul mate. Somewhere hidden was my story too where I was also consoled and comforted from the typical MIL-SIL judgement and negative discussions about the one and only topic - me.
    Can fully understand and I wish more power to your words and you pen to scale new heights.
    This understanding and support is what helps sail the boat of life isnt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pr@Gun very happy that you too have experienced something similar. Thanks for liking and your good wishes. Yes without understanding and support we can't move ahead. Happy for you that you too got the push to reach your goal

      Delete
  21. So heartwarming post.You are lucky enough to have such a supportive husband.stay blessed.

    Sangya Nagpal

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely post appreciating your husband. Yes Marriage is not a smooth way but if you have the right partner it definately can become much smoother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aishwarya for liking the post. To make a marriage successful one needs to work on it constantly to achieve bliss

      Delete
  23. finding a soulmate is just amazing, even its my husband who keep motivating me to write and is excited and looking forward to my next blog.
    -Ujjwal Mishra https://mywordsmywisdom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that even you are blessed with such a wonderful life partner. Keep writing and achieve your goals. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  24. A post full of Love and Respect for a husband, who says that there is always a woman behind evey successful man, your post proven it wrong, “there is always a supporting husband behind every successful wife, well written !

    Archana Srivastava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archana for liking, yes this is always mutual both partners need to complement each other to attain their respective goals. Only women don't need adulation for supporting their partners, men too need that adulation for what ever they do for us

      Delete
  25. Manisha - When the world says it hurts when your own does its pierces your heart. I am glad your found your soulmate, your hubby you supported you. All the Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manisha, yes your very own people casting aspersions on you for no fault of yours can Pierce your heart and make things depressive. Life is a rollercoaster ride you experience both bitter and sweet. Only thing we must know is to never say die otherwise one is gone.

      Delete
  26. A sweet tribute to your soul mate and glad to know that you are doing what you love. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a thoughtful post! Loved your take. More power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swarmali for liking my post🙏🏼🙏🏼 Thanks for your good wishes

      Delete
  28. A wonderful post!! congratulations on this beautiful journey!!! More power to youuu

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful warm coming out post!
    Channelising negativity into something so beautiful is praiseworthy.
    It would have been so easy to give in and drown in all that was going on around you then, becoming bitter and eventually turning into the type of women they are. But with the help of your soulmate you rose like a Phoenix......

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is a wonderful post. It inspires me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Neha that my post could be a source for inspiration to you

      Delete
  31. It takes a village to reach where you are and supportive fathers and husbands go a long way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are absolutely correct. Support is essential for making a relationship work

      Delete
  32. Such a lovely post. It's a blessing when you have someone who is so understanding and supportive. And someone who handles a difficult situation thoughtfully. Keep writing and stay blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's a lovely ode to the man of the house. Wishing you all the very best and hoping that this piece inspires many more people.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful writeup, Loved the emotional presentation of personal experiences

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a warm and sweet post. Michelle obama is a true inspiration to many women around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think your story resonates with most of the indian bahus who try relentlessly to appease their in -laws without knowing nobody cares for those sacrifices. I am glad your better half helped you to scale heights and find ur own identity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Indian bahus are never fully accepted and inducted in the marital home.

      Delete
  37. How important it is to have a supporting partner! A beautiful dedication! Sending some wishes to a beautiful life together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks a lot Sushmita for your good wished

    ReplyDelete
  39. So glad to read your story of blossoming into your potentials with the right partner by your side. More power to you . Keep inspiring #myfriendalexa2020

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  42. How nice! Changing a mouse into a tiger. This is true support.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Good to know that you find solace in writing. Having a partner that understands you is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. The Obama's have always been inspiring, good to see you highlight this aspect of their lives here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pooja for liking, I find Michelle a woman of substance and after reading her book ' Becoming" she holds a high place in my heart

      Delete
  45. It's always nice to know about the surmounting of obstacles and the feelings of love and gratitude that accompany...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful post. You are indeed very fortunate that you blessed with a supporting soulmate.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such an inspiring story to understand how even difficulties can be turned into right opportunities if the partnership is right and both partners aspire to scale each other up. Stay blessed and wish you many more success to come.

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is a lovely tribute to your husband. Its nice to know you came out like a winner and you had a good support in him. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Good to know that writing brings your success in various forms. Also great to know that you have contributed to the Chicken soup series. Wonderful achievement indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely! That's really nice of you to feel this gratitude. Congratulations for overcoming the odds and becoming the woman that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  51. A heartwarming story with a stronger base. I loved reading your story on becoming the woman you are today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CAN OLIVE OIL BE USED FOR A GLOWING SKIN

THE MAGIC CREATED BY THE DELHI DOORDARSHAN NEWSCASTERS